Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Few More Smoothie Recipes

You may recall last Thursday I posted some of the smoothie recipes I cycle through on a daily basis. Well, here are a few more to give you more of a variety! I usually have my smoothie packs pre-made in a freezer bag with everything but the protein powder and liquid. It makes it super convienient when you are in a hurry. Plus, it is helpful for those fruits (like bananas) that are very ripe to the point you need to eat it or throw it away. Just pop half or the whole banana into one of your smoothie packs and it will save it! If you don't like your fruits and veggies frozen, you can assemble your smoothie the night before in your blender and place it in the refrigerator the night before. The best part is there are endless possibilities. You can use numerous fruits, veggies, and liquids in your smoothies! Enjoy!

This smoothie is a no brainer. Strawberry and banana combinations have been around for quite some time, but I still thought I would share. Sometimes we don't see the easiest things in front of us to make. It tastes like strawberry with a hint of banana. Adjust the flavors to your liking! 

Strawberry Banana

1 cup strawberries
1 banana
2 handfuls kale
scoop of protein powder
8-12 ounces unsweetened almond milk

Blend all ingredients in your blender!

I had extra apples on hand and had never tried them in a smoothie before. I figured with the strawberries I wouldn't really taste it, but it tasted just like I was drinking my Granny Smith apple and I couldn't taste the strawberry at all. I didn't mind though, I love apples!

Apple Strawberry

1 apple, fresh
1/2 cup strawberries
2 handfuls kale
8-12 ounces unsweetened almond milk
scoop of protein powder

Blend all ingredients in your blender!

This smoothie (in the corner there) is my go to smoothie. It was the first one I ever tried to start my green smoothie kick. I buy bags of frozen blueberries and strawberries and assemble my packs in one sitting so they are really easy to grab and go. Some of the others you need the ingredients fresh, but not this one!

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Banana

1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 banana
scoop protein powder
2 handfuls kale
8-12 ounces unsweetened almond milk

Blend all ingredients in your blender!


No comments:

Post a Comment