Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Few Smoothie Recipes

I'm letting you in on a little behind the scenes action, and an attempt to get pics off my phone, of my day to day breakfast and lunch smoothies. These are what get me to one "bad" dinner to the next without weighing 800 pounds. There may be some that you have tried before, or combinations that you haven't thought of. Feel free to give them a try and let me know what you think (the last one is my absolute favorite)! Enjoy!

This smoothie mostly tastes like blueberries with a small hint of avocado. I'm the only one who eats avocados in our house, so I will use half, put the other half in a freezer bag with a little lemon juice, mash it together, and pop it in the freezer. I use it frozen in my smoothie, but you can let it sit out for a few minutes and use it however you want!

Blueberry Avocado Smoothie

2 handfuls kale
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 of a avocado
scoop of protein powder
8-10 ounces unsweetened almond milk 

Blend all ingredients together.


I was really surprised by this smoothie. Since I used a big juicy peach and a watery cucumber, I thought it would have a sting peach flavor. Instead, it tasted like drinking a cucumber with no hint of peach. I love cucumbers so it was fine, just not what I was expecting! 

Cucumber Peach Smoothie

2 handfuls kale
1 fresh peach
1 cucumber 
scoop of protein powder
8-10 ounces almond milk

Blend all ingredients together.


This is by far my fave smoothie! I mean it has chocolate in it so what's not to love right? Not only does it taste amazing, but it keeps you full all day! I drank one at 9am and realized when Kev came home that I never ate (drank really) anything else all day and I wasn't hungry! This one is a must try in my book! 

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Smoothie

2 cups crushed ice 
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup chocolate chips
scoop of protein powder
1/3-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup 1% milk
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 

If you need to crush your ice, do that first in your blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment