Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cake

If you haven't noticed from previous posts.......I just love fall! The weather is perfect and the colors of the leaves outside are absolutely gorgeous! Now I don't go over the top crazy with making or getting pumpkin everything, but I do like a taste here and there. I made this recipe, found here, because I hadn't seen my husband eat anything pumpkin and actually he wasn't even sure if he liked pumpkin so I thought this would be a good start. The verdict......he liked it enough to eat it. It wasn't a love, but I'll still take it! I thought it was really great and the spice cake helped dull the pumpkin flavor slightly. Plus, can you really go wrong with cream cheese frosting and toffee? So if you have picky pumpkin eaters, or are looking for a different pumpkin recipe, try this one out! Enjoy!



Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cake
(for 2 9x13 pans)

Ingredients
29 ounce can pumpkin, unsweetened 
1 box spice cake mix (plus ingredients indicated on box)
8 ounce bag of toffee bits
1 container cream cheese frosting

*If you want to make one cake simply use half of what is stated. Everything is easy to half, except when it came to my cake mix, it indicated to use 3 eggs. I halved it and used only 1 egg and it turned out just fine.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 1 or 2 (depending on how many cakes you want to make) pans with spray. 

*See note above if making one cake. Mix the cake batter according to box directions. Add the toffee bits, reserving about 1/4 cup for the topping. Add the pumpkin and combine. 

Pour the mixture into your pan(s) about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. 

Let them cool. Frost with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.


No comments:

Post a Comment