Monday, April 28, 2014

Pepperoni Cheese Stick Roll-Ups

Three cups of coffee down and I'm ready to power through another post.  I know from the title, you are probably thinking, wow they eat a lot of crappy/ridiculously easy food, but it will not always be the case.  I wanted easy things for this month because I wasn't sure what our situation would be like when we got here.  Also, Kevin is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I try to eat healthier for breakfast and lunch.   All the pictures taken of the Pepperoni Cheese Stick Roll-Ups and Bambus cocktail really aren't necessary, but I'm trying to put my amateur skills to use.  For how easy this recipe is, it packs a lot of flavor and would be great for a Super Bowl party (Go Colts).

First up, we have the Bambus cocktail found here.  While I really love red wine and cola individually, I did not love them combined.  To me it tasted like a flat cola or a too sweet Cabernet.

Bambus Cocktail

1 750 mL bottle of red wine
1/2 of a 2 Liter of the cola of your choice (as shown, we used Pepsi)

Pour your bottle of wine in a decanter.


 Then add half of your two liter and voila!  You just made the Bambus!







Now on to the super tasty pepperoni cheese stick roll-ups.  The original recipe can be found here.


Pepperoni Cheese Stick Roll-Ups

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 cheese sticks, halved
1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
optional - marinara or ranch sauce for dipping

Garlic Butter Glaze: 
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cut your cheese sticks in half and your pepperoni into fourths.  Take each triangle of crescent roll dough and place about 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
  3. While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
  4. When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.



The assembly area for my roll-ups.


All the ingredients for the Garlic Butter Glaze.


Brushing the glaze on with my Orka silicone baster brush.  I originally got mine from Sur la Table, but found it online here.  I love it because you can suck up your glaze instead of having to keep going back and forth from the bowl to your food product.  Shown also is another love, my nonstick Silpat mat.  All the melted cheese seen above would most likely stick to the cookie sheet or foil if used, but with this mat it comes right off with little effort.  I use it so often, I'm thinking of getting another 1 or 2 for things like cookies when I use multiple cookie sheets!



And finally, the finished product!  


No comments:

Post a Comment