Wednesday, January 14, 2015

December Birchbox Review: RUFFIAN Red Nail Lacquer and Custom NCLA nail wraps


The classic color red has been particularly huge this season. You can't walk out the door and not see someone with red lips, accessories, or nails, myself included. The best thing about this classic color is that it never goes out of style. It has been around for years and isn't going anywhere anytime soon! Before the Birchbox option (in December), I was actually thinking about the fact that I was obsessed with red, yet did not have a classic red nail polish. I had various different shades, but not a true red. I knew I had to have one this holiday season, then the sample choices came out. Birchbox, and Lo Bosworth, had read my mind. In the Lo Bosworth curated box was the most beautiful and classic shade of red nail lacquer that I could ever hope for. It was by RUFFIAN, a brand I became familiar with this summer when I received a rose gold polish and loved that one, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. The RUFFIAN Red was just as beautiful on as it is in the bottle. The color was so glossy and is such a classic color. The RUFFIAN nail lacquers are also made to last. I usually have problems with my nails chipping almost instantly, but that's not the case with these. I can usually go a week or two without any chips! I also paired my RUFFIAN Red with some custom nail wraps I created by ncLA. They have an amazing app, myNCLA, that lets you customize your own nail wraps with pictures you have taken. The possibilities are endless and you can have something that is truly one of a kind. I used the flowers my husband gave me for our two year wedding anniversary for my first wraps. Flowers always die and this way I can wear them anytime I want to see them! They go on very easy and last longer than some of the other nail wraps I've tried. They have pre-made ones you can purchase from their website if the customization route isn't for you. Definitely check them out if you love nail wraps and want some really neat and trendy designs!    

No comments:

Post a Comment