Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Soup

My favorite thing about the winter is making delicious soups to eat. They just warm you straight to the bone when the days are so frigid. Making the same ones over and over can get a little mundane, so I'm always on the hunt for new exciting recipes. This recipe, found here, came on a day when I really wanted soup, but didn't have (or particularly want) to spend a ton of time cooking. I love all things buffalo chicken so I had to try it! In a super quick 30 minutes I had dinner on the table and ready to devour. Overall, the soup was very tasty. My only gripe was the only real buffalo flavoring I got was from the additional hot sauce I added to the top. My solution, I just added more obviously. The recipe is great as is if you are making it for people that don't like things too hot or even kids eating the soup (just add the extra hot sauce at your discretion). Next time though, I am going to initially add more than the 1 teaspoon, maybe bump it up to 1/4 of a cup and see how that goes! It is a quick and easy recipe for all the buffalo chicken flavor lovers out there! Hopefully it warms you up on a cold day! Enjoy!  


Buffalo Chicken Soup

Ingredients

4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 2 14 ounce cans)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/3 cup flour

Optional
Additional hot sauce for topping
Extra cheese for topping

In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, milk, and hot sauce.

In a bowl toss together mozzarella, 1 cup of the cheddar, parmesan, and flour. Gradually add to soup, stirring after each addition just until melted.

Stir in three cups of the shredded chicken and heat through.

Top with remaining chicken, cheese, and hot sauce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment