Thursday, January 15, 2015

Jalapeño Cheddar Bagel

Since this is a new year, I decided to change things up ever so slightly on my blog. Not a big change or anything, but I like my dedicated days to certain material that way if you aren't a fan of one thing, maybe there is something else you prefer and know what day to look for it. Like I said, it's not a huge change and you probably wouldn't notice if I didn't bring it up :). On Thursdays, instead of just doing a regular (mostly dinner) recipe, I am going to do quick and easy recipes. They will be simple breakfast, lunch, or even dinner items such as the one I'm starting with today or, things such as smoothies and juices. It will also be super helpful for those with the New Years resolution to lose weight, get healthy, etc. because I these are things I generally eat and calculate the calories for so I'm sharing the information. I can't stick to a certain diet type because I love food too much, but I can count calories, super easy thank to my Fitbit. So without further delay, I bring you the first of my quick and easy recipes. 

This jalapeño cheddar bagel has been one of my favorite things to eat lately. It is great because you can really eat it any time of the day. It's a perfect savory breakfast, a great quick lunch, a hearty snack, or I have even served it (half to each of us) with tomato soup in lieu of grilled cheese. You can obviously add more of any of the ingredients listed, but the way I make it come to between 205-210 calories (the jalapeños are the variance in the number). In under 10 minutes you can have a flavorful meal that won't hurt your waistline! I am addicted to these and you will be too once you try them! Enjoy!  


Jalapeño Cheddar Bagel

Ingredients
Bagel slim (I use Thomas brand Everything bagels)
1 Tablespoon cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat Philadelphia, split between the two halves)
Jalapeño slices
1/8 cup cheddar cheese, shredded 

Preheat your broiler. Spread the cream cheese on the two bagel halves. Top with as many jalapeño slices as desired. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil about 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment