Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Easy Fajita Chicken Bake

If you are anything like us, you have a taco night at least once a month. Honestly, we would do one every week if it wasn't my mission to try to get through all of my saved recipes on Pinterest. Tacos are quick, easy, and most importantly......delicious! Well the recipe featured today has all those attributes plus, it can be served multiple ways. You can dish it up as it is prepared or you can serve it on tortillas with your toppings of choice. I did change a couple of things with the original recipe. I decided to use a whole packet of taco seasoning instead of just a Tablespoon or two. I don't know what the taste difference is to compare, but the way I did it had the perfect amount of flavor. I also would recommend not putting your cheese on right away like the original recipe, and the way I did it, suggests. It left my cheese overly melted off of my chicken. Next time I will cover with foil, let the chicken bake for most of the time, then add the cheese in the final 10 minutes. The only other thing I changes was using chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts. I knew we were going to eat ours like tacos at some point (plenty of leftovers) so I figured it would be easier. Feel free to do chicken breasts if your prefer. It was great to have another take on taco night, especially with a dish that packs so much flavor! Enjoy!   



Easy Fajita Chicken Bake

Ingredients

1 1/2-2 pounds chicken tenders
1 packet Taco seasoning
2 bell peppers in assorted colors, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, shredded

Optional
Tortillas
sour cream
jalapeƱos
taco sauce

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Trim the chicken, if needed, and lay them in a single layer in a glass baking dish.

Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the top of the chicken. Then, lay your onions and peppers on top of the chicken, again, spreading out evenly.

Drizzle the olive oil over the peppers and onions. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melts, chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment