Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blackened Chicken Alfredo Nachos

If you read my post yesterday, Anniversary Weekend, you would know that the first thing my husband (dating at the time) made me was penne chicken Alfredo. It's an easy dish to make, no offense babe, but also a tasty one! So when I saw this recipe, found here, I knew I had to make it. It is a fun, updated way to enjoy chicken Alfredo and nachos for that matter. The only change I made was cutting the basil in half. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of basil, but when I started adding it, it smelled really strong so I decided to cut back. Personally, I'm glad I did, but feel free to add the full amount if you wish. The chicken was very flavorful and when combined, the dish was simply delicious! You could try making your own Alfredo or even replacing the chicken with shrimp and I'm sure it would still be amazing! Enjoy!  



Blackened Chicken Alfredo Nachos

Ingredients

1 jar of your favorite Alfredo Sauce
2 ounces low fat cream cheese
tortilla chips
2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 large roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Seasoning for the Blackened Chicken
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a medium bowl, combine all the spices for the chicken. Toss in the chicken, making sure to coat evenly.

Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through and blackened.
In a medium sauce pan, cook the Alfredo sauce over medium-low heat. Once the sauce is heated throughout, add in cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir occasionally, making sure the cream cheese melts and everything is combined.
In one large skillet, or a couple small ones (depending on how many people and how you want to serve it), place a layer of chips, a layer or chicken, some sauce and sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan cheese. Continue to add layers until you have your desired amount in the one or many skillets. Cook on the stove top until warm and the cheese melts a little.

Top with extra basil and tomatoes if desired!



No comments:

Post a Comment