Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September Birchbox Review: Cynthia Rowley Eye Pencil


Though silver is not really my color, I loved this Cynthia Rowley eyeliner overall. It glided on silky smooth, almost to a fault at first. I started lining my eye and the eyeliner sort of just took off lol. I had to take a step back and a few breaks just to try to get it straight. I'm not complaining, it was better than having to push hard or keep retracing what I have done over and over. I just need a little bit of a learning curve for gliding it on perfectly. It also stayed put for hours and hours. In fact, it was a little difficult to get off with my Burt's Bees make-up remover wipes. It comes in five different colors: Black, Charcoal, Sky Blue (I might get this one), Violet (another contender), and obviously Silver. And for $16, it is a terrific price point. I highly recommend that you try it, even if you just get the black eyeliner, though I suggest a fun color that might make your eyes pop. I tried two different "looks" with mine. The top one is where I lines my eyes with black first and then did a layer or silver on the top lid and inner corner. It is a more dramatic, going out look. The bottom is double winged silver liner on top and blue with silver in the inner corner on the bottom. It's a little more casual and playful. I can't wait to get other fun colors to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment