Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Bread

Since the weather has taken a somewhat fall like turn this past week, which I just love, I decided to make this recipe which would be perfect for the cooler temperatures. Plus, I was excited to try out my oil mister for the first time (I absolutely love it btw). This bread was quite tasty and is perfect for fall. It's one of those breads that you can eat as a dessert or have for a quick breakfast, which my husband did for a few days. It is wonderful heated up and equally as good cold. I felt like my pan was a little larger than I would have preferred, but it in no way affected the taste of the bread. As fall heads your way, try this recipe out. It is very easy and packs great flavor into a simple loaf of bread. Enjoy! 


Apple Cinnamon Bread

Ingredients 

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 large or 2 small red apples, peeled and finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bread pan.

Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
With a mixer, combine sugar and butter until smooth. Once smooth, add eggs and vanilla until combined.

Add the flour and baking powder, it will look dry, then you add the milk.
Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Cover with half of the apples. Slightly pat apples into batter. 

Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Repeat with the remaining batter, apples, and brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.

Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment