Wednesday, June 4, 2014

White Castle Casserole

Over the years, I have repeatedly heard Kevin talk about a White Castle Casserole that his family makes, which somehow I haven't had the pleasure of enjoying.  I was so excited with I found this recipe, here, that I could barely contain myself.  Showing Kev the recipe to get a game plan, he breaks the news to me that it's not the same one.  Immediately I start worrying that he won't like it, but we were already committed so we proceeded to baked on.  I mean you can't beat a dinner that is 4 ingredients and that you can have done in about 30 minutes and let's face it, everyone secretly loves White Castle.  

After enduring the wonderful smells coming from the oven, it was time to see how this recipe compared to the one my hubs has always had.  The verdict is.............HE LOVED IT!!  WOOOHOOOOO!  Sorry McClarnon family, I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes.  The  only thing we would change is the amount of onion mix.  It was a little to much for our tastes so we will use less next time.  And yes, there will be a next time!          


White Castle Casserole

Ingredients
1 1/4 pound ground beef
2 packages (1 box) dry onion soup mix (Personally I'll change this to 1 1/5 packages next time)
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cups Cheddar cheese

Optional:  Pickles, Mustard, Ketchup, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a casserole dish.  

Brown the beef with the onion soup mix then drain and remove as much excess grease as possible.  

Unroll the crescents as a sheet and place in the bottom of the casserole dish.  Top with the beef, spreading around and then cover with cheese and any optional ingredients you wish to.  Unroll the other sheet of crescents and place on top.  

Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden.  



We served the casserole with a beer from Cricket Hill Brewery called the Hopnotic IPA.  
*Review will be updated later 


Showing a little love with a ketchup heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment