Monday, June 9, 2014

Potato Chip Cookies

Wow, it has been a few days since I posted something.  Well we have had a real busy week (with my birthday.....eeek), but more on that later.    

I saw this recipe for Potato Chip Cookies and was immediately intrigued.  I had never heard of potato chips in cookies before, so of course I had to give it a try, especially since there wasn't much to the recipe.  I must say, the outcome was phenomenal!  The cookies had a nice butter cookie flavor with the subtle salty crunch from the potato chips.  It might be fun to experiment with different chip flavors and come up with some wacky combinations, but for now, I will stick with these!  Enjoy this sweet and salty treat!   


Potato Chip Cookies  

Ingredients
 4 sticks (2 cups) Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
3 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Potato Chips, crushed coarsely

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugar.  Add the vanilla and flour until blended.  Stir in the potato chips.  

Drop the cookies by rounded teaspoon (I used a cookie scoop) on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.  Press down slightly with a fork.      

Bake 20-22 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.  Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.





No comments:

Post a Comment