Friday, May 23, 2014

Skinny Spaghetti

I have seen posts for a Skinny Spaghetti all over Pinterest, but couldn't find the original source, so I decided to try and create it.  Usually I'm a sauce girl, but I had to give this a try.  I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  The garlic gave it a nice flavor, making it seem like you were having a sauce, but remained subtle, not overpowering the dish.  Next time you make pasta try this way out first.  If you hate it, you can quickly heat up some sauce and dump over it, but it's worth a shot.      



Skinny Spaghetti

Ingredients
Fettuccine (you can use any type)
1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/8 cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons parsley
2 Tablespoon grated Parmesan
1 Tablespoon minced garlic

Cook your pasta according to package directions.  While your pasta is cooking, combine bread crumbs, parsley and parmesan in a bowl (I used the bowl I was eating out of).  

Drain your pasta.  Add to the dry ingredients, then top with garlic and olive oil.  Toss the pasta well to coat.  




No comments:

Post a Comment