Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kentucky Waffle and Kentucky Lemonade Cocktails

In honor of the Kentucky Derby this past weekend, I decided to make a couple of Kentucky cocktails.  Both came from Cosmopolitan and are very similar, making it easy to whip them both up. 

I wish Kevin had placed a bet because not only did he pick the winning horse, California Chrome, but he knew when the horse was going to make his move to win!  I was impressed!  However my horse,  Wicked Strong, didn't finish first and neither did these cocktails.  They really weren't bad, but I would rather have my bourbon straight with 2 ice cubes.  Oh well, at least we tried them!  

 
Kentucky Waffle

2 ounces bourbon
1 ounce lemon juice
3/4 ounce maple syrup
1/2 ounce apple cider
Garnish:  cinnamon stick

Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake.  Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick.



Kentucky Lemonade

2 ounces bourbon
1/2 ounce maple syrup
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Shake and serve over ice in a cocktail glass.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment