Friday, May 9, 2014

Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes

If you are watching your weight or are trying to lose a few, then this recipe by Six Sister's Stuff is for you!  I was looking for something a little lighter to try since most of our recipes have been really, really (I could probably put a few more reallys in there, but you get the point) bad for you.  When I started making these I was a little skeptical at how they would turn out.  The batter was pretty fizzy from the Sprite and almost a grayish color.  How on earth could this turn out good?  I proceeded anyway, thinking these are going to be awful.  After putting them in the oven and checking on them, they looked like normal cupcakes.  Thank goodness!  Now I can't remember the last time I had an actual "real" funfetti cupcake to compare these to, but this skinny version tasted really good!  This recipe is absolutely worth trying.



Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes

Ingredients

Cupcakes
1 box of funfetti powder mix
1 12 ounce can Sprite Zero

Frosting
8 ounces Cool Whip
1.5 ounce package instant fat-free vanilla pudding

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake tins.  Mix together the sprite and funfetti mix.  Mine was very fizzy at first, but after mixing it throughly it started to look like a regular cupcake batter.  Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into lined cups and bake approximately 20 minutes.  Mine took a little longer, but I did 12 instead of 24 cupcakes.  
While your cupcakes are baking, mix the cool whip with the instant pudding mix.  I did mine by hand and it was a little lumpy, but that was fine with me.  
Take out your cupcake and let cool completely, then frost!
*I stored the leftovers in the refrigerator because of the cool whip and actually liked them better the next day.



Ingredients all set.


The original cupcakes at Six Sister's Stuff look much prettier, but I love my cupcake wrappers!


No comments:

Post a Comment