Monday, May 5, 2014

Garlic Chicken Puffs

Remember the slow cooker salsa chicken I made earlier in the week?  There was so much chicken leftover that we decided to find a recipe to use up what we already had.  That's when we stumbled across this recipe for Garlic Chicken Puffs on Tidy Mom.  It was great to have something other then the tacos I had previously made.  While Kevin thought it was decent, I didn't care for it at all.  I thought the garlic powder was way too overpowering.  I didn't make mine smaller like the original, but that wouldn't have affected the garlic taste.  I would suggest tasting the filling before you use it, or play around with other spices that compliment each other.


Garlic Chicken Puffs

Ingredients

1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken 
4 ounces cream cheese
2 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
1 teaspoon Garlic powder

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.  Mix the cream cheese, chicken and garlic powder.  Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the mixture onto each crescent.  Roll up the crescents and press to seal.  Bake for 11-14 minutes.



Assembled and ready to bake.  I used whole crescents instead of halving them.


The garlic chicken filling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment