Friday, May 9, 2014

Casey's Taco Dip

Yes you read the title right.......this is my own creation!  I managed to concoct this dip back in my IU days, surprising I know!  It is such a hearty dip that I don't recommend making this for just two people, WHOOPS!  Oh well, it was Cinco de Mayo and I felt like being festive, plus I hadn't even made it for my hubby yet.  It is the perfect dip to bring to your next family get together or tailgating.  It got Kev's picky stamp of approval so I know you'll love it!  The only thing I was slightly bummed about was not finding the Velveeta that I normally used, but it was still so scrumptious!  

Casey's Taco Dip

Ingredients

1 16 oz. can refried beans
1 16 oz. jar salsa
1 lb beef
1 packet taco seasoning or the Homemade Taco Seasoning
8-12 ounces Mexican velveeta cheese
2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
1 can chilies

Optional:

Sour cream
Tomatoes

Cook beef with seasoning. In square pan layer beans, velveeta, and beef. Bake at 350℉ until hot, about 10-15 minutes. Top with salsa, chilies and shredded cheese.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment