Saturday, May 10, 2014

Beer Candied Bacon

My hubby had warned me on Monday night that Tuesday would be a stressful day for him.  I woke up and started my normal routine, but as the day wore on, I couldn't help but get a little anxious at the potential monster that could be coming home.......lol!  I decided to do something nice for Kevin, but what?  As many of you know, I cleaned up my computer, pinning a million recipes when I found this recipe for Beer Candied Bacon.  We had all the ingredients which was perfect.  Plus, it involved meat and beer, a perfect man pleaser.  The flavor was so good, but I made them a little too crisp.  Next time I'll reduce my time by 5-10 minutes.  Next time you have leftover bacon I would give this recipe a shot!  
 

Beer Candied Bacon

Ingredients
1 pound thick-cut bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar 
1/4 and 2 Tablespoons Beer (Brooklyn East IPA is what I had on hand)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top.  Place your bacon on top of the cooling rack and bake for 10 minutes.  

While baking, combine the brown sugar and beer, making a thin syrup.  

Remove the bacon and coat one side of the bacon and then flip it over a coat the other side.  Bake 10 minutes.  Repeat this process 1 or 2 more times using all the mixture and until crisp.  *I did mine an additional 2 times and thought it was a little too crisp, will try 5-10 minutes less next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment