Friday, January 30, 2015

Raspberry-Honey and Blackberry-Honey Butter on Toast

Last month I had the pleasure of winning the December book Birchbox featured in their bookclub! Not only is it exciting to win something, but this was an amazing cookbook which is obviously right up my alley. So when my Homemade Decadence cookbook by Joy Wilson came, I was beyond stoked and wanted to start whipping things up right away! I started with the first recipe in the book because I already had all the ingredients and like I said, I just had to get started right away. It is a super easy recipe for fruit infused butter. Joy did hers with the raspberries and since I also had blackberries, I decided to try those too! The results were amazing. It is something so simple that will wow your family (or guests) at your next breakfast or brunch, or keep it for yourself because it lasts up to three days. When you make this, make sure you follow the plastic wrap step. I did one with and one I just placed in a Pyrex container. The one in the Pyrex was a little more runny then I would have liked, but tasted good nonetheless. Whether you are in a pinch and need something "fancy" or just want to serve something a little different, you should try this recipe out. You will love it I'm sure! Stay tuned for Roasted-Potato Breakfast Nachos, the next recipe I made from my wonderful cookbook! As always, enjoy! 


Fresh Raspberry-Honey Butter and Fresh Blackberry-Honey Butter 

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted butter, divided in half, room temperature
4 Raspberries
4 Blackberries 
2 Tablespoons Honey, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided 

Divide the butter between two bowls. In one, place the raspberries, 1 Tablespoon honey and a dash of salt. In the other place the same except add the blackberries to it. Mash the ingredients together with a fork until somewhat combined. Scoop the butter into plastic wrap, pressing down to form a disk shape. Refrigerate until ready to use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment