Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pumpkin Mini Muffins

I know what you're thinking.......you've had your fill of pumpkin this year already, but I had to try to get this one in before you have moved on entirely. Do you remember when I made that Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cake? Well if you recall, or just cheat and go to the link :), I only used half of a box of spice cake mix because I only made one cake. I had been searching and searching for another recipe that would help me use up the other half when I stumbled across this recipe. The original does call for a whole box of spice cake mix and a 15 ounce can of pumpkin, but I found a 7 3/4 ounce can pumpkin and used the half of the mix I had left and made these little wonders! They stayed nice and moist until I ate the last one (about a week?) and had so much flavor! Another bonus, the website said it was 5 calories per muffin (I didn't do the calculations to see if it was correct)! That's right you read that correctly.......5 CALORIES!! Perfect for this time of year when we are all eating a ton of calories we shouldn't! If you need a fast treat or have leftover ingredients to use up, try these! You won't believe how good they taste!



Pumpkin Mini Muffins

Ingredients
Half a box of spice cake mix (you can do 1 whole box)
7 3/4 ounce can of pumpkin (15 ounce if using full box)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat or aluminum foil.

Mix ingredients together. Using a cookie scoop, place on sheet an inch a part. Bake for 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment