Friday, December 19, 2014

Pork Tenderloin Sliders with Sriracha Miracle Whip

Since we are traveling back to Indiana next week for Christmas, I thought it would be fitting to share a recipe that has Hoosier written all over it. That folks, would be the breaded tenderloin. As this article written on the Chicago Tribune states website, it is a "Midwest classic". You can hardly walk into any dining establishment without seeing it on the menu. While they may vary slightly from restaurant to restaurant, one thing remains the same, they are huge! The tenderloin is about twice the size of the bun (not an exaggeration). I can honestly say I've never eaten a whole one in one sitting before. I have three methods for eating these monstrous sandwiches. One, I eat the breaded tenderloin that is out of the bun and dip it in sauces (mustard and mayo) as a sort of appetizer, then, I take the rest of the sandwich home. Second, I just go ahead a chop it in half. I'll eat one half and take the other home for later. Or third, I make the recipe below which is for a slider version so you can have a couple or as many as you would like! They are perfect for tailgating or feeding crowds and you can dress them up as you prefer. I like mine with cheese, sriracha miracle whip, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. The sriracha adds a nice kick while the Hawaiian rolls bring a subtle sweetness to it. No matter which way I choose to eat mine, it always reminds me of home! Enjoy! 



Pork Tenderloin Sliders

Ingredients
Pork
Hawaiian Rolls
Oil of choosing (we used our deep fryer)
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon milk (we used 2%)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup Yellow Corn Meal
1/4 cup Sweet Maui Onion Kettle Cooked Potato Chips (Deep River Snacks brand), crushed
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper

Optional
Lettuce
Cheese
Avocado
Tomato
Miracle Whip
Sriracha (mixed with Miracle Whip for a kick, add as much or as little as you like)

Preheat deep frier to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, beat egg and  mix in milk.  In separate bowl mix flour, yellow corn meal, of crushed sweet onion chips, salt, and pepper.

Take a mallet and pound out the pork tenderloin.  Using kitchen shears, cut into "slider size."  Coat with flour mixture, then toss in egg mixture, and then coat again in flour mixture.  After double coating, toss in deep frier.  Fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment