Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cheddar Bacon Dip

 The Cheddar Bacon Dip, aka crack dip, was meh for me. The first bite was real good, but a every bite after that was a little too overpowering for my taste. It had a strong salty flavor, can anyone say ranch packet and bacon bits, and then to top it off I used salty tortilla chips. I did salvage it by add more cheese to contract the saltiness. When you make it, I suggest making it as is first, then adding extra cheese if you feel it's needed. I mean they did name it crack dip after all. I may just be the oddball. Also, maybe try a veggie assortment instead. I meant to get some peppers, but it slipped my mind at the store so this is all I had without making a second trip. It's too easy and inexpensive not to make! Enjoy!



Cheddar Bacon Dip

Ingredients
16 ounces sour cream
1 packet ranch dressing mix
3 ounces bacon bits
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I added about 1/2 cup more)

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.  Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment