Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chocolate Covered Nilla Wafers with Strawberries

Sorry for the lack of a post for those expecting it yesterday.  One Z-Pak later and I'm back on track!  This "recipe" is something I whipped up with items I already had on hand.  It is perfect for the summer and to top it off, each one is under 50 calories!  I only ate two because they were pretty filling.  The version where I dipped the Nilla Wafer in the chocolate were my favorite.  They were a little easier to construct and they look prettier than the other version.  Make a couple of these for a delicious, health dessert for yourself.  Or, make a lot for a cookout, but be warned, they will go fast!  Enjoy!


Chocolate Covered Nilla Wafers with Strawberries

Ingredients
Nilla Wafers
Strawberries, sliced
Cool-Whip (I used fat-free)
Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (some for melting, some for topping if desired)

Melt your desired amount of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler.  Dip the tops of the Nilla Wafers in and place on a baking sheet.  

Top with strawberry and a dollop of Cool-Whip.  Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.  Place in freezer to set, about 15 minutes.  

*I kept my extra ones in the freezer and they still were amazing.  I just let them sit out a few minutes before eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment