Friday, June 27, 2014

Simple Orange Rolls

I had never had or even heard of these orange rolls from Pillsbury until I met Kevin.  He is obsessed with them.  The only problem, I don't care for the orange flavoring in them.  Therefore, we haven't really purchased many because it's hard for one person to polish off the whole pan.  Well I found this recipe from the super cute blog Oh My! Sugar High and decided to give it a go.  I went it to it pretty skeptical since I didn't like the canned version, but I really wanted to make them for him.  As they were baking, the whole kitchen had this subtle orange scent that smelled amazing.  I have to admit, my mouth started watering a bit.  The timer went off and there was no turning back, I had to taste these rolls that I may not like.  I ate one little piece, then another and another..........because they were AMAZING!  The were so easy to make and something we can both enjoy.  This recipe will definitely be made in our family again and again.


Simple Orange Rolls
Serves 12

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons orange peel, grated
2 (16 ounce) cans refrigerated flakey biscuits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray.

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan, excluding biscuits, over medium-low heat.  Stir frequently until the sugar is dissolved and butter melted.  Pour the mixture into the bundt pan.

Cut the biscuits in half (I used kitchen shears), and place in the bundt pan starting from the outside and going toward the inside.  The biscuits will overlap, it's ok.

Bake 26-32 minutes.  The top will be golden brown.  Take your plate and place upside down on the bundt pan right away, then flip over, holding together.  Serve while still warm and enjoy!



A couple of shots of the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment