Sunday, May 25, 2014

Greek Yogurt Recipes

Like most of you, I love greek yogurt.  I love trying out new flavors,  but sometimes that can be a bit boring.  Listed here are some of the recipes I have tried thus far.  These recipes will help if you are in a yogurt rut or if you want to try it, but aren't quite sure.  There is a little something that everyone will like.  Let me know which one is your favorite!


This Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt, found here, is amazingly delicious.  It was so good, it left me wanting more.  This yogurt is great at satisfying your sweet tooth!


Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

Ingredients
small container nonfat greek yogurt
1 tbls peanut buttler
1 tbls honey
1 tsp vanilla
small pinch sea salt
1 tbls chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients and enjoy!






There wasn't a recipe found for this, but it's exactly what it says, blueberries dipped in greek yogurt.  They are a great snack to keep on hand.  But beware, even though frozen, they melt pretty fast.

Yogurt Dipped Blueberries

Ingredients
Greek Yogurt
Blueberries

Dip blueberries in yogurt (I used my cake tester to poke them and swirl them around).  Put them on a lined cookie sheet and pop in the freezer until set.  Afterwards, place them in a storage container and enjoy whenever!






This is, by far, my favorite yogurt recipe at the moment.  I am actually buying more apples just so I can make it again!  While making it, the dip seemed like it doubled, so I had enough for a second apple the next day.  This original recipe will make you want to ditch the peanut butter/apple combo for good!

Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip

Ingredients
1 small tub greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon 

Mix all together and enjoy with an apple, or other fruit of choosing.







This was no original recipe found for this bark, so I made one up.  Taking note from other recipes I have tried, I decided to flavor my yogurt with a little vanilla and cinnamon.  It turned out pretty amazing.  Be forewarned though, like the yogurt dipped blueberries, this does melt pretty fast too even though frozen.

Greek Yogurt Blueberry Bark

Ingredients
1 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix everything except the blueberries.  Spread in a freezable dish.  Add the blueberries, pushing down slightly.  Freeze until set.  

If too frozen, you may have to let sit out for a few minutes before breaking up.



No comments:

Post a Comment