Monday, April 28, 2014

Central Park and The Irish Pub

For those that haven't noticed yet, my "out and about" pictures are all from my iPhone.  Figuring my DSLR would scream tourist, I opted for the camera on my phone instead.  One might think that taking a picture with my phone isn't much better, but I would like to think I'm super sly.  Mastering the "look away" and "quick no one's looking" techniques have become my specialties.  But, who am I kidding, I'm sure I still look like a ridiculous tourist!  Oh well, c'est la vie!  One of these days I will attempt to take my DSLR for a spin, but with the masses out everywhere in Manhattan it makes it a little difficult.       


The Plauderville Station in Garfield, NJ is our go to train station.  It is extremely close to us.


What does one do when it is absolutely gorgeous out and you have no plans?  Go to Central Park!  I won't start listing off central park facts, because let's face it, we can all (insert your search engine of choice) it.  We only made it about a third of the way through of this massive park, but it presented us with great people watching and entertainment.  



The Bethesda Fountain had a crowd gathered around some street performers.  We never really got what the "performance" was. They did kept getting money from those in the crowd so hopefully it was worth it for them.    


Now the majority of you know who this strapping lad is, but for those that don't, this is the man that I refer to as Kevin/husband/hubby.  He is the strawberries to my Nutella toast, the red soles to my Louboutins, well you get it, he's just so rad!  He will be in 99.9% of my posts so it's a good thing you met him early on.  It's like a side profile pic with a name!


The "look away" technique was in full effect here!  Who takes pictures of the food at a pub?  This girl!  Remember, I'm keeping our family updated on what were up to.  While The Irish Pub may not be a must go to spot when you are here, it was so good.  Kevin had the sampler platter (last picture) with about everything you would expect to be on it at a pub, but one difference was they put jalapeños on their potato skins.  Why didn't I think of that before?  I love jalapeños! A little thing, but a big difference!  I had a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich.  It was very tasty and I got my avocado fix!  The only downside was that we each only ate about half of our meals and couldn't really take them with us since we had a few other places to go.  Next time we will share something instead!  



No comments:

Post a Comment