Sunday, April 27, 2014

Trix Krispies

I apologize in advance for the multitude of posts this next week or so, but I have to catch everyone up with what we have been up to. Well the first week was quite an adventure to say the least. We got the keys to our new place on a Monday, after 2 days in a 2 door coupe with us, our dogs and whatever the movers wouldn't take with them. Needless to say, we were more then ready to step foot into what would be our new home. At this point we were both excited and nervous since we hadn't actually ever seen our place in person, only online.
 

When we pulled up, I immediately fell in love. Our place was so much nicer and bigger then the pictures portrayed, a rarity out this way. We were walking around admiring our new place and getting acclimated, when the dogs both peed on the floor like it was a synchronized effort.......GRRRR. Needless to say we had no cleaning supplies because there was no space in the car, so what better way to figure out your new borough. Plus the movers said they would be here on Tuesday, which was outstanding since Kevin was off. However, we needed to get an air mattress for the night.

We navigated to our nearest Wal-Mart and it was just as suspected, the crème de la crème of New Jersey. Not only are drivers really aggressive here, but give a woman a shopping cart and watch out, all bets are off. We learned quickly that to fit in we needed to give up our "Excuse me" and replace it with cutting people off, even in the grocers. We get out to the car and that's when we get THE CALL! The movers are now going to be here on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. No big deal right?!? Well my hubby was going back to work on Wednesday leaving me to deal with the movers and the two dogs myself (if you know anything about my dogs, they aren't the greatest when new people are around). I could feel the stress rising, but on Wednesday, much to my surprise, they only whined a little while the movers did there thing. Immediately I had to start unpacking and getting everything washed and put up so I could start taking advantage of our awesome new kitchen! That's when I decided to first make the Trix krispies. First of all, they are super simple, which is a major plus when you don't have everything quite in place yet, Secondly, neither I, nor my husband had ever had them so why not give it a shot.


TRIX KRISPIES

Ingredients:

13 ounce box Trix cereal
1/4 cup butter
10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
      
Instructions
  1. Grease your pan.
  2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
  3. Add the marshmallows to melted butter on medium to low heat and stir until they are all melted and combined.
  4. Add the Trix cereal to marshmallows.
  5. Stir really well to coat.
  6. Pour into greased pan and press down.
  7. Let cool and cut into pieces!

*  The original site I got the recipe on suggested putting butter or water on your hands to prevent sticking when pressing it down.  I started using with the butter and smeared it all over my hand and........it didn't work for me, I still had cereal and the marshmallow mixture clinging to my hands.  Next up was the water.  I was a little skeptical at first because I thought if the butter didn't work, then no way will water, but it did!  The water worked like a charm!  Below are my finished results, keep in mind I'm just a novice :).





I found the original recipe on this lovely blog called Raining Hot Coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment