Thursday, November 13, 2014

Broccoli Cheddar Orzo

Back in August I posted a recipe for Parmesan Orzo that I absolutely love and have made multiple times. So I thought when I found this recipe that it would be a no brainer......I would love it! Surprisingly enough, I did not. The dish really lacked flavor and I even put some extra cheese in mine after I tasted it and it still didn't help. I would have that it would have tasted just like cheddar and broccoli, but sadly it just tasted like broccoli with a very watered down, faint cheddar taste. If you try this one, you might need to play around a little bit. Try boiling the orzo in a broth or use more cheese. I don't really know. I'm kind of at a loss with this one! Let me know if you try anything different and how you liked it! Enjoy? :)




Broccoli Cheddar Orzo

Ingredients

1 cup orzo
1-1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4-1/2 cup 2% milk
salt for boiling water and to taste if needed

Fill a medium saucepan with water and a dash of salt and bring to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 2 additional minutes, or until orzo is tender.

Drain very well then return to the saucepan. Add cheeses, butter, and 1/4 cup of the milk. Stir well and add more milk if needed. Season with salt to taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment