Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger Balls

There are not very many people that would pass up a good cheeseburger. I prefer mine, I'm sure like most people, hot off the grill with all the fix-in's. Unfortunately you can't always have the delicious off the grill hamburgers for various reasons. That's why I originally fell in love with this recipe, found here. Well the first time I made them, I followed the recipe as is and found that they were just alright. So, not one to give up, I decided to change a few things around to improve it a little. Instead of sprinkling the onion powder on top of all the cheese and hamburger, I decided to put it directly on the biscuits. The first time I made them I could hardly taste it and when I did it was a huge amount. This made it more uniform and you got the onion taste in each bite. If you don't like onions you can always omit the onion powder. I think it adds a little something though! I also sprinkled a little garlic powder on the top of the already rolled up balls before cooking. It sounds a little odd, you don't usually put garlic powder on cheeseburgers, but it was tasty. I used very little so there was just a hint, but it really added to the flavor. Also, if you are out of eggs, feel free to brush with butter if needed. It works just as well! Enjoy this portable cheeseburgers!  



Bacon Cheeseburger Balls 

Ingredients 
10 refrigerator biscuits
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup browned hamburger pieces
1/4 cup crispy bacon pieces
Black pepper
1 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Egg white, beaten
Parmesan cheese, grated 

Optional
Ketchup
Mustard
Pickles

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a pie pan or other oven safe dish. 

Flatten the refrigerator biscuits, sprinkle with onion powder and black pepper, and then top them with the shredded cheeses, browned hamburger pieces and bacon.

Gather the edges up around the toppings and pinch together at the top, creating a seal. Place the pizza balls into the baking dish with the seam down.

Brush the tops with a beaten egg white. Sprinkle the tops with the grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.

Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with desired condiments while warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment