Monday, August 11, 2014

Richard W. DeKorte Park

Since Kevin and I have been together, we've always been on the go, and I wouldn't have it any other way!  Well after traveling for a couple weeks and having a lot going on in the weeks to come, we decided to take it easy for a weekend.  Not wanting to travel far and a hike being decided, we settled on Richard W. DeKorte Park, which was about 5 miles away.  The park had great views of the Manhattan skyline one second, and then butterflies and flowers the next.  I was so glad I opted to haul around my camera to practice shooting nature shots.  


The Manhattan skyline is featured in the photo above.  Below were butterflies found in Jill's Garden.  A woman whose life was sadly taken on July 17, 1996, at the age of 23,  on a flight from New York to Paris.  The garden was absolutely beautiful as were the butterflies fluttering all around.  










There wasn't a shortage of flowers, or bees, around.  Although, some of the trails were closed from storm damage that occurred.    




While I'm not sure how much exercise we really endured on our hike, it was so refreshing and peaceful to walk around and feel like you are away from the city.  I look forward to checking out other parks near us before the weather gets cold.  Until next time, sayonara!  


No comments:

Post a Comment