I would like to start off by giving a huge thank you to the two blogs that nominated me, Beauty Ignited and The Quest for Sanity. It was amazing to get one nominee, but I was blown out of the water with two! Beauty Ignited is about, you guessed it, beauty. She covers what she likes and doesn't like so it's a great one to check out for all your beauty needs. Tori, from The Quest for Sanity, has a super cute blog. She covers multiple topics, from fitness motivation and music to cooking. We have similar tastes and you should take a look when you get a chance!
The rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked.
3. Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 follower, let them know they have been nominated, and post 11 questions for them to answer.
11 Random Facts About Moi!
1. I have always wanted to learn French, so one of the first gifts my, now husband, ever bought me was the French Rosetta Stone and I have been slowly working on it ever since.
2. I have no middle name, like my father.
3. Speaking of dads, I was named after Dr. Casey Reed on the Young & Restless because he thought she was hot.
4. I am terrified of fish. I won't swim in lakes or anywhere I can't see the bottom.
5. My biggest pet peeve is open cabinet doors. It just irks me when people get stuff out and can't take a couple of seconds to close the door.
6. I am OCD when it comes to my closet. Yes my husband has clothes in there, but I organize it all. It is separated into categories such as tanks, tees, long sleeve, and then from there, color coded. It's perfect because I know what section to go through when I'm looking for an item!
7. All of my dishes and serving wear are from Crate & Barrel and white. White doesn't go out of style and looks classy. Plus, you can add pops of color as seasons or trends change making it very versatile.
8. I love going to sporting events, que happy husband, no matter what the sport! I'm not going to pretend to be one of those girls that can name every player and stat, but I do know quite a bit and that's good enough for me.
9. I don't like laying out or going to tanning beds. A girl I went to high school with got skin cancer and it was enough to freak me out. When I do layout, I slather on the sunscreen and stay out for about an hour to read. I'd prefer bronzer or getting spray tanned to get a healthy glow.
10. Every year we have been together, my husband has gotten me a "French-themed" item. Rosetta Stone mentioned about, Louboutins, etc. I'm hoping this is leading up to something else........a trip to France?!?!
11. I have an artists mentality. Inspiration for anything I'm working on usually hits in the middle of the night and I have to get up and write in down or work on it because I won't be able to sleep otherwise.
11+ (nominated by 2) questions to answer
1. Why and when did you start blogging? I started blogging in May, after my husband moved from IN to NJ. It was a way to keep our families in the know about our new adventures here without posting it al over Facebook. That way, they could decide what and when to look. I decided to add the cooking, and recently beauty, because they are things I love and let's face it, we aren't rich, so we can't go out and do things everyday. Especially since everything is so much more expensive out here.2. What is your ultimate dream job (BI)? My ultimate dream job would be a sports or concert photographer. What is something you live by? Live life to the fullest. We don't know how much time we have on Earth, so I would rather live and make memories as long as I can because one day you might not get a chance to again.
3. 1 beauty item you can't live without (BI)? Mascara. Right now it's Yves Saint Laurent faux cils, but I constantly switch it up. What is your favorite lip color? Hot pink. I love using the Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip pencil in 16 C all over my lips, then adding a hot pink or clear gloss over that.
4. Top 3 places I want to visit. I would love to go to Paris, France (obviously), Santorini, Greece, and anywhere in Australia.
5. If you could eat 1 meal for the rest of your life what would it be (BI)? I would say sushi, specifically the Spider Roll, a soft shell tempura crab roll. Then Grand Marnier Chocolate Soufflés made by yours truly, and some Cabernet! What is your favorite cocktail? I love Blanton's with 2 ice cubes.
6. Who is the biggest inspiration in your life (BI)? My grandparents. They exemplify what true love is and how I want my marriage to look after 50 years. They still hold hands and sneak kisses, it's so romantic and sweet. Not to mention so is the only other high heel lover in my family, maybe it's because we are the shortest at 5'1". Favorite coffee shop? I'm ashamed to admit my generic answer, but Starbucks right now. I just have my drink I like and it makes it easy, but there are so many other options out here that I need to suck it up and try something new.
7. What is your favorite book (BI)? I read a variety of books, but my last favorite was The Fault in Our Stars. I lived around the area the characters did, went to the areas, including Amsterdam, and had someone going through cancer, so it all really hit home. Who is your favorite author? I don't know that I have a favorite just yet. I read a little bit of everything. One series that I have followed is Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic books because I do love to shop. They are light hearted and hilarious. I think I have one more to read Shopaholic & Baby that I'm saving ;).
8. What is your favorite quote (BI)? "Reach for the moon, because is you miss, you'll land with the stars." What is your dream job? see #2
9. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage (BI)? Red wine. Usually a cabernet or malbec. What is your go-to outfit? A Juicy maxi dress that I have had for years, when they were still popular, which I probably need to get rid of it. Havaiana flip flops and a fedora.
10. Who is your favorite actor and actress (BI)? I have alway loved Scarlett Johansson and who doesn't love Bradley Cooper. What is one of your guilty pleasures? Getting tattoos. I have three and want more, but I don't like them shown.
11. What is your favorite cosmetic brand (BI)? Probably Make Up For Ever or Nars. How did you think of your blog name? It's a combination of my last name and since we moved to New Jersey, after The Situation from the Jersey Shore...........lol.
And my nominees are......
I have nominated these people because they cover some many areas of art. From photography and fashion, to cooking and drawing, they are all very talented. Look at their work when you get a chance!
Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats
I Want Crazy
fit for a femme
Jade Rose blog
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
sunflowers and stilettos
Pencils and Fireflies
Art from the Heart
11 Questions For You
1. When did you start your blog and why?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. If you were to go somewhere else for a year where would it be?
4. And, what would be in your suitcase?
5. Who or what inspires you?
6. How would you describe your style?
7. What is one beauty item you can't live without?
8. How do you like to unwind?
9. Where has been your favorite place traveled?
10. What is your dream job or are you doing it now?
11. What is one clothing or accessory item you always wear?