Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Broiled Lobster, Saffron Rice and a Birchbox update!

As of next Wednesday, I am switching up my normal food post for a weekly Birchbox product spotlight.  They were looking for all types of bloggers, so I jumped at the chance!  If anything, you might find products you have never thought of before, or see my woes with products that don't work for me!  I hope you are as excited as I am for this new adventure!  Look next Wednesday for a review on the lip and cheek stain I received in this months box!  Did you notice the cute confidence builder on the packaging?  It's to The Brilliant Casey McClarnon.......thanks for putting a smile on my face! 




Now back to the last Wednesday food post.  I apologize for the lack of a recipe, but when I start cooking my own things, I get in the zone and just do everything by taste.  This meal was nothing short of delicious!  We were looking for an excuse to use some saffron we purchased, which apparently is the most expensive spice in the world.  So we felt our rice needed the proper main course be its side.  So lobster it was!  I also accompanied it with clarified butter for dipping and corn!    



Broiled Lobster

Lobster tails
Clarified butter
Salt and Pepper

Preheat your broiler.  Cut the shells with kitchen shears, slightly opening, and place, cut side up, on a broiler pan.  Brush with clarified butter and sprinkle on salt and pepper and any other seasonings being used.  Broil 5-10 minutes, until pink.



Clarified Butter

Stick of unsalted butter (may need more if doing a large quantity)

Melt the stick of butter in a saucepan.  Bring to a slight boil.  Skim off the impurities (foam) that form up top.  This can take some time so be prepared!



Saffron Rice

Basmati rice
saffron

Cook rice according to package directions.  Take a pinch of saffron threads and crush them in a bowl.  Add a little warm water to let them steep, about 5 minutes.  Add the steeped saffron threads to the rice and stir.  You should get a nice yellow color.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment