Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Almond Milk Recipes

Before seeing a couple of these recipes pinned, I didn't use my almond milk for anything but protein shakes.  The concoctions below are the most popular ones I've seen, so I gave them a shot.  If you haven't tried almond milk, or don't like it, I'm sure you could substitute your liquid of choice instead.  Keep in mind though, you are adding sweeteners in each other the recipes, that's why the almond milk I like to use is the Silk Unsweetened Vanilla.  I haven't tried the sweeter versions, but I think it would be too sweet for me.  



I have seen this drink pinned so many times that I finally had to give it and try it.  I already had all the ingredients so why not.  I made it really quick before bed one night and it was amazing!  This wonderful night time beverage tastes just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  While it is a little hot to have it now, it will undoubtedly be my night time drink of choice in the winter.  There was no original source found for this recipe, so if it's yours, please let me know so I can give you credit.  

Dreamy Nighttime Drink

Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon honey
cinnamon

Heat milk in saucepan on high until hot and foamy.  Stir in vanilla and honey.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  






This ice cream recipe is one I saw over and over, though it doesn't look anything like the picture it's associated with on Pinterest.  This recipe was pretty good, though not what I expected.  Mine turned out to be more of a strawberry and banana flavor, which I didn't mind.  I also wasn't expecting the texture, it was more of a granita then an ice cream.  Nonetheless, it was still really tasty and a great sweet treat.

Strawberry Ice Cream

Ingredients
1 cup strawberries
1 small banana
1/3 cup almond milk

Blend all ingredients and freeze.  







This was my favorite recipe out of the three.  I have already made this shake recipe a few times this week.  The original recipe and nutritional information can be found here.  Like the ice cream recipe, it wasn't the flavor I was expecting, but it was still so delicious.  My shake was more of a chocolate banana shake then a "Wendy's" shake.  I love chocolate banana, so I was in heaven!    

"Wendy's" Chocolate Shake

Ingredients
3/4 cup almond milk
1/3-1/2 banana
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3/4-1 cup of ice

Blend all ingredients and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment