Thursday, July 14, 2016

Spicy Apples


So I am starting off our recipes with something so incredibly simple that it hardly deserves a full post, but I had never thought to try it before (I'm a granny smith apple lover and this called for a red apple so I wasn't sure if I would like it). But, as I stated earlier, it was too easy not to give it a shot. I found this recipe in Women's Health Magazine a few months back and quickly tossed it together. Needless to say, I was/am a huge fan. The combination of spices with the subtle sweetness of the apple made it so amazing. And besides that, we all know the old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away," plus chili powder is supposed to boost your metabolism. That's a win-win in my book. It's great for a quick snack, a side to your upcoming picnics, or even a not too sweet dessert. Feel free to add as much, or as little of the spices as you want! Enjoy!




Spicy Apples

1 Apple, sliced (I prefer a red variety for this)
Fresh Lemon Juice
Chili Powder
Paprika
Pinch of Salt

Toss together you apple slices with the spices and lemon juice in a bowl, or sprinkle it on, whatever works for you and gets your apples slices coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment