Wednesday, March 18, 2015

February Birchbox Review: theBalm Read My Lips and Sumita Eyeliner



So if you know don't know anything about Birchobox, they put together monthly boxes of beauty and hair products for consumers to sample for $10 (plus many other perks). On top of that, each month there is a curated box that a company or person puts together with their favorite products. So for February I picked the Rent the Runway curated box and was so excited about most of the products going into it, but the gloss was one I wasn't sure of. I have used theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen and fell in love so I knew theBalm brand was good, I just wasn't sure of the color BAM! (a rose pink) in the Read My Lips Lip Gloss. In fact, I'm still not sure. I have worn it a couple of times and I'm just not loving the color on me. It is a little too rosey for my liking and makes me feel a little dated. The color is very pigmented, ultra shiny and pretty weightless once applied. The gloss also isn't very sticky and smells great! Maybe it will look better in the summer with a tan, but I would definitely try a couple of the five other colors they have. By the way, how cute are the names of the Read My Lips Glosses?!? BAM!, WOW!, POP!, etc......straight out of a comic book and a good play on "Read My Lips"!! 
Below is the Sumita Contrast Eyeliner in Raina. I am not going to talk too much about it because I just did a post on this eyeliner in Jaipur Gold in January so pretty much the same things apply. It's a great bold ocean blue to navy color that really lasts. The only complaint, same as the other color, is that it is only available in a set on Birchbox (I haven't checked other places). I love how easily it glides on and the colors are super fun and some even daring, well for me! 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment