Monday, November 10, 2014

Skinner's Loft


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week! I was super swamped with other things so I decided to take a week off........I hope you haven't missed my posts too much :). So if you haven't figured it out yet, on Mondays I do a post regarding the things we are doing around the New Jersey and New York area. It has been so much fun exploring and trying new things! I wish we would have explored more when we were back in Indiana, but who knows, maybe we will be back there one day. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you may have seen that I asked a question about what I should get and posted the picture a few months ago. That is because I was originally introduced to Skinner's Loft by some girlfriends when I met them for brunch. In case you're wondering, I got the Lobster BLT the first time I went with the girls and it was delicious!


I fell so in love with this spot that I knew I had to bring my hubby here to try it. I just love going to the non-chain restaurants here. They are small and quaint and usually have a phenomenal menu. Skinner's Loft is no exception. It has two levels of indoor seating and a rooftop that allows for amazing views of the Manhattan skyline in the summer. This time around, I got my second option, and the most recommend item I saw on Yelp, the Filet Mignon Sliders complete with mimosas of course. They were so juicy and tender with garlic marinated mushrooms on top. Though the bottom picture isn't a good indication (it was taken after they were reheated) the sliders were cooked medium with a perfect pink center, just like I like them. You get three sliders and this huge mound of their shoestring fries with each order. It is so filling (obviously, I had leftovers) and just such a good tasty meal. This is definitely a spot I would frequent and you should too if you are in the area! 


No comments:

Post a Comment