Monday, October 6, 2014

Gone Girl

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was pretty low-key, if that term is acceptable where we live, because hardly anything is low-key besides staying home. It was raining here on Saturday so we decided to do something we hadn't done here yet, go see a movie. Pretty simple and straightforward. We left 45 minutes before the show started, plenty of time to get there, park, and get seated. Boy did we learn our lesson, mistake number one! This particular AMC theater is attached to a completely huge, insanely busy mall. It is 15th largest in the US and has over 10,000 parking spaces to accommodate the hundreds of patrons that are constantly there! It is always packed, except Sunday of course, thanks to blue laws. After foolishly thinking we would get a decent parking space, we settled on the first empty one we saw which felt like a mile away. I'm told that a plus about this theater is that it features movies in ETX, which only a handful do and it's supposed to be amazing. You can tell how much I know or care about that lol. We didn't see do it this time, but when we do, I hope I'm blown away! 

Since the movie just came out, Kev bought out tickets ahead of time so we wouldn't have to wait. Mistake number two. We go in and could have walked up to numerous self tickets check outs, but instead had to wait in a line probably 30ish people deep to wait for our already purchased tickets. So tickets in hand, we did a quick sigh of relief because we had about 10 minutes to spare. That was until we saw the line for the ticket taker! Holy cow! I have never seen anything like it! There were so many people! We finally get past, skipped on any refreshments because we had a couple minutes left. We got in the theater and surprise, it was also packed. Big shocker I know! So we sat in the front section, like 5 rows back just as the trailers started! And you though this was going to be a simple, we went to a movie post, but not here, nothing is simple! We learned our lesson though, don't buy tickets beforehand and leave about an hour before if we want the option to choose where we sit and if we get refreshments or not!


So on to the movie, it was fantastic! After hearing many great reviews of Gone Girl, like the one above in US Weekly, I knew I had to see it! Plus, I have had the book on my must read list for quite some time now. I will definitely need to read it now! This thriller had so many twists and turns you never really saw what was coming next. I can't say too much because I don't want to give anything away to those that still want to see it. Simply put, it took pure genius to pull off what took place. We actually were walking out and were basically speechless. It was like oh my goodness, that really happened. My only complaint, I didn't really see a chemistry between Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, but I have never really been a Affleck fan so I might of had too high of an expectation from him. I do highly recommend you see this movie, especially if you love thrillers! 


This last photo is just me being a little silly. When we were walking out I saw MAC in the sidewalk and it mad me think McClarnon's were here. Cheesy I know, but I liked it and thought it was cool haha. Lastly, we came home and had a pasta dinner cook off. Again, cheesy especially since we were the two cooks and judges, but we had fun! I was the clear winner, Kevin's words, not mine. I made my simple pasta, my favorite, healthier way. I cook and drain 1/2 cup rotini noodles. I place those in 1/2 cup pasta sauce that has been heating in a small skillet. I coat the pasta with the sauce and sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella on top and place in the oven until the cheese melts. I then serve it over 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. It is so filling and a little over 300 calories. Not too bad! I hope everyone has a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment