Thursday, January 29, 2015

Mint Chip Smoothie

Ok so I know calling this a smoothie is a bit of a stretch, but whenever I am craving something sweet for lunch I often make this because it curbs my sweet tooth and is extremely low-cal (180 calories to be exact.....side note, the nutrition information for the Mint Chip Dessert says 170 on the website, but my carton says 150). Bonus! You could also make it in lieu of a regular milkshake for dessert if you want something less caloric or you are going dairy-free. Now I am not fully dairy-free and as of right now I don't know that I ever will be, but I am somewhat being more mindful about the things I eat. Not always, obviously, but for the most part. I use Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk in most of my smoothies and recently discovered their Cashew Milk which I am excited to try. I also discovered this So Delicious brand as I was looking for a dairy-free alternative to traditional ice cream. I am a huge fan of anything Mint Chocolate Chip and this dairy-free dessert is nothing short of amazing! And for everyone else with certain dietary needs or healthy lifestyles, it is also soy and gluten free! Yay! They have so many products, especially desserts, that I can't wait to try! Even if you aren't dairy-free, if you love mint chip, I guarantee you will love this product and this smoothie/shake! Enjoy!        


Mint Chip Smoothie

Ingredients
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
Handful of ice cubes

Optional
Scoop of protein powder

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until desired consistency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment