Thursday, June 19, 2014

Baked Cheese Stick Fail

I should have seen the signs pointing to the epic recipe failure that occurred in my kitchen the other night.  Kev brought home leftover, which he never does, and we weren't very hungry, so the towel should have been thrown in then, but I proceeded.  I was so pumped about this recipe.  It was so easy,   yeah real easy for me, and a healthier option, so I was pleased.  The cheese sticks were assembled in no time and all that was left was to bake them.  Needless to say, I ended up with an empty wonton wrapper with the ghost of the cheese that was once nestled inside.  Now I will say, I did combine two recipes and decided to simplify things by baking them all.  I will try these again, but will fry them this time, before I write them off.  The two recipes can be found here and here.  Like I said, I will try them again and I suggest you do to.  If you find a trick that works, please share!  Enjoy!  


Wonton Wrapper Baked Cheese Sticks

Ingredients
Wonton wrapper
Cheese sticks (we used mozzarella and pepper jack)
water
Dipping sauces

Cut your cheese sticks in half.  Place cheese half on wonton wrapper, wet the edges and wrap the wrapper around.  

Place seam side down on the baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.    


No comments:

Post a Comment