Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Healthy Snacks

As promised, here are some healthier recipes I have tried.  While the hubby is at work, I figured I would try out some of the recipes he won't eat, plus it's nice to switch things up a bit.  I hope that you find something you like!  Enjoy!



This recipe comes from Skinny Minnie Moves.  I already had the ingredients needed, so I figured I would go ahead and make these.  I am so glad I did!  They were so good!  The poppers make a great snack and were so easy to make!  I used the PB2 with cocoa this time, but will try just the regular peanut butter next time.  Also, they were a little difficult to roll into balls, so I used a small cookie scoop and that worked just fine.  

PB2 Poppers

Ingredients
1/2 cup PB2 (regular or cocoa)
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup low fat graham cracker crumbs (about 3 "sheets")
2 Tablespoons oats

First mix the PB2 and water.  Next add your graham cracker crumbs and mix well.  Last, but not least, add your oats and mix.  Roll (I used a cookie scooper) into balls.  Makes 15-16 and are only 42.5 calories with 2 grams of protein (I didn't do the calculations, just highlighting it)!










I love my Venti Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks, so when I saw this drink I had to try it.  Sadly this recipe from Peanut Butter & Peppers wasn't my low-calorie Starbucks replacement.  With only having 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, that's all I could taste.  Honestly, most things I make and don't care for I can usually suck it up and eat/drink it, vowing to never make it again, but this I could not.  Hopefully if you have any interest in trying it you still will.  I'm sure others might love it!  

Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe

Ingredients
1 heaping teaspoon instant coffee
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup skim milk
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 packet Stevia 


Mix the coffee and water until combined.  Pour into a shallow container and freeze 4 hours or overnight.  

Once frozen, blend with other ingredients.  Makes over 2 cups and is 43.3 calories and 4.2 grams of protein (not my calculations).








These "fried" bananas were quite the sweet treat.  I love bananas and this was a deliciously different way to enjoy them.  I ate them as is, but it would be great with some yogurt or ice cream, if you want to indulge a bit.  They don't take long to make and you more then likely have everything on hand, so why not go ahead and whip up a batch!  You won't regret it.  The recipe can be found here.  

"Fried" Honey Bananas

Ingredients
coconut oil
1 banana, sliced
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon water
cinnamon

Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.  Add the bananas, "frying" 1-2 minutes per side.  

Whisk together the honey and water.  Remove the bananas from heat and pour the honey water over the top.  Let cool and sprinkle cinnamon on top.






No comments:

Post a Comment